Saturday, April 7, 2007

Underwear for outerwear

I'll never lose my fondness and sense of connection to Victoria. As soon as I step off the ferry I feel at home. And the little regionalistic characteristics are so familiar and warm to me. For instance, I spotted not one but two individuals within two hours wearing the classic West Coast fashion statement: Stanfields grey woolen longsleeved undershirts worn as sweaters. Loggers are famous for this, but so are treeplanters. I used to wear a cream coloured version, scored in a thrift store, which was met with appreciation by my older planting partner, who declared it a truly vintage item and better made than the modern ones. If I spot another Stanfields guy I'll try and get a pic.

The trees already have new leaves out here, and it was about +20C. :-)

No comments: