Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Views


In 1992 I was earning part of my income as an artist's model. I met Lincoln Clarkes because we were showing in the same group show in Victoria. I liked his figurative photos, so I offered to model for him. We did a shoot in an empty house in East Van - the room was very cold and the fire very hot. Lincoln was after a very specific idea. He printed some postcards of this shot and gave me a reject frame to keep for my own - and that was that. Then last year, he told me he wanted to put it in his latest book, which is titled Views. I agreed. Today he dropped off some copies - and I think it's quite ironically funny that I am part of a book as one naked chick among many alongside the properly clothed Pierre Berton, Noam Chomsky, Michael Moore, Arthur Erickson, William Gibson, and Nicholas Campbell. OH! how my feminist theory heart aches with laughter...

No comments: