Thursday, September 27, 2012

I am pleased to announce that an exhibition I curated is opening on October 4 in Calgary at the Museum of Contemporary Art. It re-introduces the fabulous avant-garde illustrations of Oscar Cahén to the Canadian public for the first time in over 50 years.

I will be giving a gallery tour and talk at 5:00pm on Thursday October 4th. The exhibition opening commences at 6:00pm. Free and all are welcome!

Earlier that same day I will be giving two presentations at the Alberta College of Art, on the topics of visual culture and Canadian illustration history. If you are students there or can talk your way in, I look forward to meeting you there!

UPDATE: Show has been extended to Dec 1!

1 comment:

Myrna said...

A great show and a fantastic curator! Thanks, Jaleen, for taking the time to come out to Calgary. It was a pleasure to meet you.